In anticipation of the days getting longer, we put together this bright and sunny non-alcoholic sour.
Underneath the snow capped foam, you'll find a sparkling kombucha concoction with hints of orange and wintry spruce. Decorated with glowing citrus to outshine the foraged evergreen, this radiant cocktail reminds us that brightness beckons beyond these cold nights.
We used Free Pour Jenny's
orange bitters with spruce tips harvested from the Yukon. On the shortest days North of 60, the sun won't rise until 11am and sets less than 6 hours later. But—
with a glass in hand and our closest gathered—
we can remember that Here Comes the Sun.
- 1 dehydrated citrus slice
- 5 oz Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha
- 3 ml orange bitters with spruce tip
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 1 spruce tips (optional)
- 1 egg white or vegan aquafaba chickpea water
1. Combine your choice of egg white or vegan aquafaba chickpea water, lemon juice, orange bitters with spruce tips and ice in a shaker
2. Shake until well chilled and frothy
3. Strain into a cocktail glass and top with Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha
4. Garnish with a sunny dehydrated citrus slice and spruce tip
What better way to toast our partnership with online grocer Mama Earth Organics
than a wintry solstice creation. They deliver fresh local ingredients across the Greater Golden Horseshoe and London, Ontario areas.