Baby's First Birthday
In honour of turning one, we present to you Baby's First Birthday. It's no regular birthday cake. Cannied fennel seeds are sprinkled on a citrusy foam, floating on top of luxury kombucha, surrounding a candle. It's literally a party in a cup!
Like any parent knows, making it to the baby's first birthday is a big milestone. There's so much growth, a few hurdles, but definitely lots to celebrate. That's how we're feeling as we round out year one of production.
We've met so many great people along the way. Your energy fuels us. When we see people's eyes light up and smiles come across their faces as they "get" what we're doing, it makes us know we're headed in the right direction. Offering a non-alcoholic alternative that is worthy of toasting has been a dream come true. It's so much fun to develop fun recipes, take fancy pictures, and enjoy our product with fine foods and friends. Thanks for taking this journey with us!
- 1 tbsp candied fennel seeds
- 1 egg white or 1 oz aquafaba for a vegan option
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup ice
- 1 birthday candle
1. Light the candle and melt a few drips of wax into the middle of a shallow coupe glass. Before the wax dries, quickly stand the candle in the hot wax until it hardens. Blow the candle out while you make the drink.
2. Juice half a lemon into a shaker (or large mason jar). Add egg white or aquafaba. Fill with ice. Shake well. Double strain the contents into the glass.
3. Fill with Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha.
4. Sprinkle with candied fennel and light the candle.
5. You know the rest... sing happy birthday, blow the candle out and make a wish!
Thanks to everyone who supported us in our first year.
Here's to many more to come!