Nesting Silver Swallow
Sparkling kombucha topped with a sparkling sugar nest in a sparkling champagne glass. Need we say more!
This presentation is perfect for ringing in a new decade. As 2019 comes to end, there's lots for us to celebrate. This is the year we launched Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha, sampled our first bottles, and started creating our network of partner restaurants, retailers and loyal customers. We can't wait to see where 2020 takes us!
- 150 ml Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
1. Prepare your area to create spun sugar. Place a rolling pin half-off the counter. Secure it with a heavy object—a bunch of bananas worked well!
2. Add sugar and water to a small sauce pan. Heat on low until sugar dissolves. Turn heat up to medium and cook untouched. Use a wet pastry brush to wash down any crystals that form on the side. Heat until light amber. Watch carefully as it happens quickly. Remove from heat immediately.
3. Let cool until a dipped fork creates thin threads of sugar. Lay threads back and forth across rolling pin.
4. Once you've made enough threads to create the nest, gently sculpt the threads into a shape just slightly narrower than your champagne glass.
5. Fill champagne glass with Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha and top with sugar nest. Ta-da!
Happy New Year from Silver Swallow!