Have you ever foraged for wild berries? It's intimidating at first, but with some practice, it can turn your world into an edible landscape and endless cocktail pantry.
Teaberry is a fitting winter companion for our tea-inspired kombucha. Steeping a pot to extract the wintergreen flavour gives this concoction a cool & refereshing taste. Not to mention the bright red berries and evergreen leaves add a splash of holiday cheer.
Eastern teaberry, also known as wintergreen, is a low lying plant native to North America. It's fruit persists over winter, making it a welcomed refreshment on a ski or snowshoe trail. If you're new to foraging, make sure you're confident in your pickings. If you're unsure, snap a picture and send it to us. We'd love to help you identify it!
- 5 oz. Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha
- 8 to 10 eastern teaberries, also known as wintergreen, and 4 to 5 leaves
1. Boil the kettle. Tear leaves and crush berries into a small teapot, saving your favourites for the garnish. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water and steep for 5 min. Strain and let cool in the fridge
2. Add 2 oz. of teaberry infusion to your fanciest glassware
3. Fill with Silver Swallow Luxury Kombucha & garnish with a few berries and leaves
Wishing you and yours a safe & happy holidays